Saturday, February 5, 2011

Basque Potato Tortilla

This was a very simple recipe. You slowly cook some potatoes, onions, and garlic in some olive oil until the potatoes are tender. Then, you add some eggs and let them set up on the stove top. Lastly, you run it under the broiler for a couple minutes to brown the top. I added some shredded white sharp cheddar to it after I got it out of the oven. It was pretty good. We all ate it, but it wasn't something my kids were clamoring for me to make again.

If I did make this again, I would cut the potatoes much, much smaller and use less. The potatoes were too much the focus for me. I wanted more egg. Also....I kind of don't like well done, browned egg. So, it wasn't a winner for me. I might do something similar to it again, though. We love breakfast for dinner!

2 comments:

  1. I actually liked this better the second day...cold! I like the idea of added cheese, too. Nice job~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - would definitely cut the potatoes smaller if I made this again. Cheese would have made a great add-in.

    ReplyDelete