Friday, March 18, 2011

Salted Butter Break Ups

What can I say....I am a sucker for butter and sugar. These quirky little beauties are essentially butter and sugar at their simplest, and the addition of kosher salt was inspired.

I used salted butter (who am I kidding, that is what I always use...) for these cookies in addition to the kosher salt, and I though the salt level was perfect.

I've also noticed a trend with these French recipes. The savory ones are hit or miss for me, but the sweet ones.....divine!

2 comments:

  1. That photo is gorgeous. Your cookie has just the right amount
    of brown edge. Too bad Tricia's family did not enjoy them as much
    as we did, I was hoping to share. I guess we will have to sacrifice
    and finish them all. Tough job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never made cookie/pie dough in the food processor and was very happy with how easily I could put this dough together. We were fighting over the browned edges at my house!

    ReplyDelete