Saturday, March 5, 2011

Savory Cheese & Chive Bread


I have never had a savory quick bread before, only sweet, so this was an interesting turn of events. The bread was like a big savory cross between a muffin and a biscuit.

I did not like that the recipe was vague on the salt. I am sorry, but I have no idea of the salt level of the different cheeses. I used Gruyere, and I only used 1/2 tsp of salt. It was not enough. However, it was still good paired with the soup I made to go with it.

The next day, the bread was even better! If I were to made this again, I would probably use a more flavorful cheese, and eat it the next day.

4 comments:

  1. Savory breads are great aren't they? Judgement calls can be tricky when using a new recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I used the smaller amount and my bread needed more salt. Oh well next time. See my post here as there is a problem posting my link at the FFwD site http://naturally-delicious.blogspot.com/2011/03/savory-cheese-and-chive-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mix of cheeses used definitely had an effect on how much salt needed to be used. It was a tricky call trying to figure out how much to use. Glad it still worked for you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it got better the next day! It's definitely one recipe that will be fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete